Please help us get the Community Housing Fund extended – February 2019
Having secured a record £300m investment in community-led housing, the National Community Land Trust Network are working with Government on its implementation. However, since its announcement in the 2016 Spring Budget, with a commitment to invest £60m in the sector, it has become apparent that the the 5 year time frame is not realistic as bids for funding currently need to be in by December 2019. This tight deadline means fewer groups than anticipated will benefit from the Fund, jeopardising the number of homes that could be built or brought back into use.
Therefore, The National CLT Network and its members are calling for an extension beyond 2019/2020, so that it can support community led housing groups and the delivery of truly affordable homes in the way it was intended.
The campaign asks:
- Extend the Community Housing Fund beyond 2020.
- Introduce a proportionate system of registration for Registered Providers intending to provide fewer than 100 homes.
- Ensure community led housing groups aren’t thwarted by the Right to Buy and leasehold reforms.
We are urging all of our project partners to play their part in campaigning for long-term continuation of the Community Housing Fund.
For more information on how you can help, please see below:
- Read the Briefing Document explaining why it’s necessary that the Community Housing Fund goes beyond 2020.
- Download the email template – Available Here – to send to your MP about the Community Housing Fund. (Please let us know, via email, when you have contacted your MP and any responses you get back.)
- Download the second email template – Available Here – for your MP to send to the Treasury, and include it in your email.
To find out more about the fund, please visit the National CLT Network funding pages