Communication and Marketing
Why is it important?
Effective communication is a vital component of how local residents, land owners, developers, local authority partners, funders, and other actual / potential stakeholders view the organisation.
Robust and consistent communications will help improve awareness, keep people engaged and informed, and help build trust and confidence.
It also must be two way – listening and responding to needs, views and expectations.
- Who are the key stakeholders?
- How can we maximise community support and involvement?
- How can we attract / recruit members / board members?
- What needs communicating / when?
- How do we keep people informed?
- What are the best forms of consultation?
- How can we manage expectations / concerns
- What forms of communication work best – website / social media / e-zines?
We can help you with …
- General advice and support
- Engaging members and key stakeholders
- Preparing for community consultation
- Brokering partnerships
- Facilitating discussion
- Developing websites, using social media, e-zines and literature
- Supplying templates and examples of what works
- Providing training and development
Other sources of information
In considering these and other key issues the following websites provide useful information.
National Council for Voluntary Organisations – Communications: go to website
Small Charities Coalition – Marketing & Media: go to website
CharityComms: go to website
Marketing Donut – Marketing: go to website